7.24.2008

Battle of the Bridesmaids

Next week is the annual Stampin' Up! Convention, but unfortunately, my mom and I were unable to attend this year :-( To cheer ourselves up, we decided that we would attend instead the Diva Designs crop in Lawrence this weekend. Diva Designs crops are BY FAR the best crops I've ever been to in my life! Of course the crop is nothing compared to Convention, but I'm still so excited to go!

Because I'll be scrapbooking all weekend long, I thought I'd leave you all with some scrapping inspiration! I logged on to the Stampin' Up! demonstrator website, because they always have cute scrapbooking layouts that really inspire me. Here's the layout I chose today:



I've really been working a lot on my wedding album over the past year, but the theme of my album doesn't really include fun circles and bright colors :-) I decided I'd dig out some old pictures that I hadn't yet scrapbooked. I came across some pictures from the Fall of 2006 when I was an RA. Ben & I had gotten engaged in May of 2006, but one of my good friends (and conveniently the 3rd floor RA) had just gotten engaged that fall. We decided we'd host an inter-floor competition...Battle of the Bridesmaids. We had so much fun!

I decided I'd try a new format for putting together my page. I stared with a 6" x 6" page (that could be stand-alone in a 6" x 6" album):



I then expanded the page to 8-1/2" x 11". I realized after I had already put the page together that most 8-1/2" x 11" albums are "portrait" orientation rather than "landscape" orientation...oh well...you get the idea :-)



I then finished the page as a 12" x 12" page. All of my albums are 12" x 12" size, so this will be the completed page I put in the album:



On a side note, the white "ric-rac" on the 6" x 6" page is actually Whisper White cardstock punched with the new scallop edge punch! Here's the tutorial I got from Jackie Topa's blog:

"I cut a 3/4" strip of cardstock and put a vertical pencil mark on the back. If I want to make ric-rac I centre the pencil mark in the grove of the scallop when I punch one edge and in the centre of the scallop when I punch the opposite edge.

This also works to make pearl necklaces except line up both sides with your pencil mark in the groove. If you don't punch right to the end you'll get some interesting borders like the chocolate chip one I used on my card."

Stamp Sets: Seeing Spots, Short Order Alphabet
Colors: Riding Hood Red, Kiwi Kiss, Baja Breeze (all new In-Colors), and Pumpkin Pie




No comments: