7.13.2008

Decor Elements...finally!

I'm so excited! I finally got my Decor Elements order in the mail, along with my pre-order for all kinds of new goodies that will be in the new Fall-Winter Catalog & Idea Book (starting August 11th)!

I am sad, though, because Ben & I are headed to Southern Illinois University early tomorrow morning (5:45a to be exact) with the youth group from University Christian Church here in Manhattan. Don't get me wrong, I'm thrilled to be spending a week with a bunch of high schoolers (really, I am!), I just wish that my order had come in the middle of last week so that I would have had plenty of time to play with my new goodies. I was able to carve out about an hour and half this afternoon to put up my new Decor Elements before we leave. I'm thrilled! I LOVE them!

I bought the "Together Forever" circle frame with the "M" to put inside. I convinced my husband that Decor Elements were the best thing since sliced bread and got him to agree to let me put the circle frame and monogram on our front door. Since we live in an apartment in the basement of a house, our Decor Elements piece won't be exposed to the elements, but it definitely spruces up our plain white door :-)





For right now, the Decor Elements only comes in Whisper White or Chocolate Chip (except for the Manhattan Flowers which also comes in Kraft). Our monogram is in Chocolate Chip. Here is an upclose view so you can hopefully see the color a little clearer:



I also bought the create definition in Whisper White (size medium) for my stamp area--a.k.a. the living room--our apartment is pretty small :-) Our walls in this room are basically a Close to Cocoa color.



This is my whole stamp area (including the ghetto chair from 1930 that our landlords, who were alive in 1930, let us use while we live here...I think the picture makes it look worse...):



Our walls are not very smooth, so if you look close, you can see right under the "g" in "through" there is a bit of a bump. I was worried that it would be obvious, but unless you look close, it's relatively unnoticeable.



Well, that's all I have for you today. Since Ben & I are leaving early tomorrow morning and won't be back until late Saturday night, this is all I have for you all week long. I hope I'll have time next Sunday to stamp a little, but I may be recovering from our trip :-) I hope you all have a great week! And stamp something for me!




1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Cari, these decor elements are really neat! Where do you order these?

Do you ever accept scrapbooking or custom-card making orders from other people? I'd love to feature you on my photography blog...I have a lot of brides reading it! :)