7.02.2008

for you

I just loved Julee's sketches so much, that I decided to try another one!

Here's the sketch:



I have been really struggling lately with using the same colors over and over, so I've been striving to use new color combos that I would have never used before. Of course I was having a terrible time choosing some new colors for this card, so I went to the Stampin' Up! catalog. Who better to consult than the stamping masters themselves!? Usually when I want a new color combo, I just flip through the pages of the catalog until I come upon a color combo that I like, but today I thought I'd try something new. I went straight to the pages where all the Designer Series Paper is pictured and found a pack of paper that I liked. When I first got my new catalog in January, I looked up the coordinating colors for each pack of paper and wrote those colors in the catalog next to the picture of the paper. This way, it was easy for me to figure out which colors to use with the DSP, and it was easy for me to find a new color combo to use today!

I chose the Fall Flowers DSP for my inspiration today and pulled out the colors used in this paper: Old Olive, Really Rust, Soft Sky, and Kraft (they actually used Sahara Sand, but I didn't have any, so I substituted Kraft). Here is the lovely creation I came up with:



For the large scallop circle, check out this tutorial by Andrea Walford. She uses this technique to make little scalloped note cards that are folded on one end and open to make a card. I only used one sheet of paper (not folded) to make my scalloped circle. One scallop edge will be cut off slightly, but I just hid that scallop under the sentiment. I punched the circles in each scallop with a crop-a-dile (one of the best tools of all time!).

The next time you go to make a project and you just can't seem to find a good color combo, go to the stamping master--the SU! catalog. You're sure to find tons of cute color combos all laid out for you and ready to use!

Stamp Set: One of a Kind
Colors: Old Olive, Really Rust, Soft Sky, Kraft
Accessories: slit punch, crop-a-dile, 5/8" Old Olive grosgrain ribbon




No comments: