7.04.2008

Happy 4th of July!

In honor of the 4th of July, I thought I'd make a nice patriotic-themed card. I found this card on Nancy's blog, but saw that it originally came from skdeleeuw on Split Coast Stampers. So here's my take on the card:



I really like the spiral punch that was used on the original card, but for some reason I still haven't bought the punch (crazy, I know! I love punches!). So I used my paper piercing again (surprise, surprise). It seems like every time I don't have what I need for the card, I just do some paper piercing to fix it! :-)

As I was taking pictures of the card, I realized that it would also be cute on its side. I actually think I like it better on its side:



Anyway, I hope you all have a wonderful (and safe) 4th of July! My husband and I are taking a weekend trip to Kansas City for our anniversary. I'm really excited to get to spend a weekend without work or school or stamping (I guess...) :-) I'll be back on Monday, so I'll post again then!

Stamp Set: Celebrate Everything (15% off this month if you buy my July Card Kit!)
Colors: Blue Bayou, Soft Sky, Real Red, River Rock, Prints Pack (current level 1 hostess set)




1 comment:

Terry Molineux said...

Cari

Love this card but just like you I love it better on its side!!