7.11.2008

Happy Birthday, Dad!

Today is my dad's birthday. I was stumped when I sat down to make him a card. It's amazing how hard it is to make "boy" cards...even for your dad (who will love the card no matter what-even if it was pink-just because you made it for him).

I love the "In the Stars" stamp set (Occasions Mini Spring 2008), so I decided I'd start with that. My dad likes the color red (he's a Nebraska fan so he usually doesn't appreciate the K-State Purple cards quite as much as the Nebraska Red ones...). So here I sit. Real Red card stock, In the Stars stamp set. Don't you just wish the card would make itself--Beauty & the Beast-style?

Anyway, here's all my creativity could muster today:



Good thing my dad will love it anyway :-) As my friend, Nikki, always says when she messes up her card, "I'll send it to my mom. She doesn't care what it looks like." Yay for parents!

Stamp Set: In the Stars
Colors: Real Red, Pumpkin Pie, Old Olive grosgrain ribbon, Bashful Blue (DSP from Summer Picnic)




No comments: