7.09.2008

A Little Blast from the Past

Ben & I help out with the youth group at our church here in Manhattan. Next week, we are going to a conference in Illinois with the group. In order to help pay for expenses, the youth group is holding a silent auction on Sunday. I decided to donate a basket full of Stampin' Up! products to the auction.

Since I have all kinds of retired stuff, I decided I'd give a couple retired stamp sets as well as a Simply Scrappin' kit and an assortment of cards. The Simply Scrappin' kit I decided to give was a kit included in Sell-a-Bration last spring. The stamp set that went wonderfully with the kit was another set that was also included in Sell-a-Bration last year. Since I had an extra stamp set and an extra kit, I decided to make up a card using the kit and stamp set to show the person who was buying the kit that they could make cards and scrapbook pages with the stamp set and kit.

Ironically, when I was home this past weekend, my mom had found an old SU! On Stage magazine (for demos) from last year (it came around wedding time, hence the reason she didn't find it until now...). It had all kinds of cute ideas for the Sell-a-Bration stuff from last year--including this card!



I thought it was a cute idea (originally created by Brittany Slaughter), so I copied it. I also found another card (originally created by Jodee Fraser) that I tweaked to work with my stamp sets:



I LOVE this color combo! Yay for color combos! Since I've been on the lookout for new colors, I have been overwhelmed by all the great ideas out there!

I hope whoever buys my basket will enjoy the free goodies!

Card 1:
Stamp Set: Delight in Life
Colors: Certainly Celery, Pretty in Pink, Always Artichoke (ink only)

Card 2:
Stamp Sets: Big Blossom, Make it Count
Colors: Chocolate Chip, Soft Sky




1 comment:

Cori Power said...

I really like that Delight in Life card! Yay for late magazines :)