7.21.2008

A Project...

I've been thinking recently that I'm really bad about only stamping cards and never doing any fun projects to post on my blog. So...today I set out to make something that was not a card. I remember seeing a project done some time ago with the Accents and Elements tin. I think the person who created the project used their tin as a picture frame, but I can't remember for sure. I really didn't have time tonight to look up the original picture that I saw, so I can't give credit to the original mastermind behind the magnet tin...but here's mine:

Side 1 (calendar)--the "Dream Big" and "De-lightful" images are magnets:


Side 2 (picture holder)--the "Happy" and "Live, Laugh & Love" images are magnets:


The background on the Calendar side was really plain--and boring. I decided I'd try something new for my background. Since I usually just stamp an image over and over with Versamark (and that's pretty much all I ever do for a background), I figured it wouldn't kill me to step outside the comfort zone. I decided to randomly (yes, you read correctly, RANDOMLY) score lines down the card stock. It created an almost striped look to the paper without having to stamp or draw or use Designer Series Paper. It was almost fun to be so haphazard with my non-evenly-spaced lines! :-)



This is such a simple background, and so easy to do! I challenge you to try a similar background on your next project...or even better--make up a new background! Be sure to email me your picture so I can see your creation!

Stamp Sets: Friendship Blooms (Sale-a-Bration 2008), Short Order Alphabet
Colors: Pumpkin Pie, Certainly Celery, Tempting Turquoise, Bashful Blue
Accessories: SU! magnets (Convention 2007), 1/4" grograin ribbon (Pumpkin Pie & Certainly Celery), Pewter Hodgepodge Hardware, Calendar taken from Peggy Goetzke on SUDSOL




2 comments:

Cori Power said...

ALMOST fun :) I love it!

Anonymous said...

I'm proud of you for being a little "random!" What a great project. Maybe I'll get out my tins and play. :-)