7.30.2008

Scrapbooking Weekend 2

Although I did spend most of my weekend finishing up my Wedding Album, I did get a few other pages done. I thought I would share them with you as at least some of the kits/products used on these pages will be retiring in just a short week and a half! Don't forget to check out the retired stamp set promotion--it's only good until August 10th! Order today!

Well, you probably already saw page 1 of this layout last week. This weekend I was able to complete the page so I had a 2-page layout to put in my book (I pretty much hate 1-page layouts because they never coordinate with the adjoining page...it's just easier to add lots of fun embellishments to make the layout into two pages!).


A few weeks ago, Ben & I traveled to Illinois with the Youth Group from University Christian Church here in Manhattan. My goal was to take enough pictures to make a scrapbook page. I did it! This page was made using the Boho Blend Simply Scrappin' Kit (retiring August 10, 2008). It was so easy to put together! I love those Simply Scrappin' kits!!


I decided to go out on a limb for this page. I did not use a kit, but rather forced my brain to come up with a layout and just use Designer Series paper and ribbon. Although the scrapbook page came together at about 2 a.m., I think it looks pretty good :-)


Finally, this page I again refrained from using a kit and instead just used some leftover self-adhesive die-cuts from an old kit (I couldn't even tell you which one...sorry!) and some stamps! The flowers petals are from the "Pick a Petal" set and the title is stamped with the Taffy Alphabet stamp set. I really like the finished product :-) My very own creative genius!!


Well, just a few more examples of ways you can use either the Simply Scrappin' Kits or just regular old Stampin' Up! paper and stamps. Everything matches and coordinates, making it simple to put together a scrapbook page without having to waste time wondering which of the 10,000 shades of pink goes with the patterned paper you bought at the scrapbook store. That matching perk is probably the number one reason I LOVE STAMPIN' UP!




No comments: