7.29.2008

Wedding Album

Yay! It's done (well...mostly). My goal for this past weekend was to finish the wedding album that I've been working on for about 8 months. I was really proud of my album until I got all the pages scanned and started looking at them with a critical eye...I may have to go back and re-do some of my titles. For those of you who know me, and I an extreme perfectionist. I'm trying to keep that under control (which is probably the reason that I thought it was a good idea to make a page at 3 a.m. at an all-night crop (when I had been scrapbooking all day already), make the title crooked, and say "It's good enough" and move on like there was nothing wrong...). Looking back, I realize now that "It's good enough" is probably not an okay thing to say at 3:00 in the morning...oh well.

Here's what I have so far. I'm missing the final page (which will say, "and They Lived Happily Ever After").

















Now, for the details:

I used one (that's right--one) Simply Scrappin' Kit (Tie the Knot) for my whole album. Obviously I had to use some of my own card stock and embellishments, but I was able to stretch out the kit over the whole album (15 double page layouts) so that my album had a theme throughout. I was pretty proud of myself :)

For most of the titles, I used the Cricut machine (one of my new favorites!), but pretty much everything else was Stampin' Up! products. I'll do my best to list the products I used:

Stamp Sets: Baroque Motifs, Taffy Alphabet, & Short Order Alphabet
Colors: Chocolate Chip, Pretty in Pink, Certainly Celery, Kraft, Very Vanilla, Whisper White (Tempting Turquoise & Real Red on the "They Rode Away in Style" page)
Accessories: Pretties Kit, 5/8" Chocolate Chip grosgrain ribbon, Pretty in Pink Taffeta ribbon, Sticky Cuts letters, Chocolate Chip "crinkly" ribbon is from the Flirty Ribbon Originals from a mini collection in early 2007 (I don't remember which one), lots of punches (all sizes of circle punches), centerpiece leftovers from my wedding (on the "and Arrived at a Beautiful Reception" page)

I think I got most of the products. Let me know if you have a specific question about one of the pages. By the way, I even had enough leftovers from the kit to make several cards. Here is one of the them (it was featured in a previous post):

1 comment:

Unknown said...

That is so neat Cari! I think I may steal some of your ideas...I love the way that you made it more of a story book.