8.08.2008

Another Baby!

This must be the week for babies! My aunt gave birth to her fourth, Wyatt, on Monday, and my sister-in-law gave birth to her third, Aiden, yesterday morning. I'm a cousin and an aunt all over again! :-)

I was a little disappointed that they both had boys. I at least made a green card for my aunt on Monday, but little Aiden will have to get a pink card. I can't go a whole week without a pink card!! Since I'm technically sending the card to his mom, hopefully it won't be a big deal!

I got my most recent order in the mail today (I have to admit--I was expecting a box of catalogs...I still haven't received my new catalog! I'm dying to see it!). Anyway, I splurged and bought the stamp set featured in the card above, Text & Texture. I really liked this card from the beginning...then they made a decor elements piece using the "life is good" stamp, then Shelli posted an adorable scrapbook page using the set on her blog (by the way, be sure to check out Shelli's blog. Shelli is the Co-Founder of Stampin' Up! and has just started her own blog. She's featuring a monthly challenge where she picks the winner! Anyone (demonstrator or not) can enter the challenge! Check it out now...or as soon as you're done here on my blog!) I decided I just couldn't live without the set! When I got it today, I immediately pulled it out to start playing! Here's the card I made today:



It was super-simple to make, and I'm so proud of myself for off-setting the mats! Go me!

Stamp Set: Text & Texture
Colors: Pink Pirouette, Riding Hood Red, Old Olive, Chocolate Chip




No comments: