8.18.2008

happy

I'm sorry I've been MIA this weekend! Ben and I decided to go home, and the weekend was quite full! I'm back now and happy that my mom didn't make me return her stamps (yet) :-) I decided that I would play with another one of her stamp sets to make a card for today. I loved the card featured on page 137 of the new catalog, so I decided I'd copy it for my card today. Here's what I did:


I drew a curvy line on the backside of my Pumpkin Pie card stock. Using just my snips, I cut along the line and used my sanding block to make the edge smooth.

The main card is Pink Pirouette, and I cut my paper 5-1/2" x 5-1/2" and scored at 4-1/4". Using the Crop-A-Dile (set to 1-A), I dry embossed the circles along the edge. To make the circles in a straight line, I inserted the card stock as far as I could into the Crop-A-Dile and lined up the edge of each circle with the black box. Let me know if you have questions, and I'd be happy to show you!

The "happy" is stamped in VersaMark and embossed with Whisper White embossing powder, and the flowers are from the Flower Fusion set featured in the new catalog on page 182.

Here is a straight-on view of the front of the card:



I realize more and more every day that I constantly buy really cute products from Stampin' Up!, but then don't want to use them all up, so I never end up using them. These felt flowers I purchased almost 6 months ago and I've only used them once! I know you've said it before too: "They're just too cute to use!" :-) My challenge for you this week is to pull out some of those Ribbon Originals or special embellishments that are "too cute to use" and USE THEM! The longer they sit in your drawer or on your shelf not being used, the less likely you are to remember that you have them and can use them on that "special project" you've been saving them for!

Be sure to leave a comment with your "too cute to use" product and let me know how you used it this week!

Stamp Set: Happy Everything
Colors: Pink Pirouette, Pumpkin Pie, and Old Olive




No comments: