8.03.2008

Wanted

Yesterday Ben and I, along with my parents and sisters, drove to Western Kansas and spent the weekend in Phillipsburg, Kansas...home of Kansas' Biggest Rodeo. That's right--Kansas' BIGGEST Rodeo :-) We go every year, not because it's Kansas' biggest rodeo and we're huge rodeo fans, but because my parents are both from Phillipsburg and my grandparents still live there. It's such a fun time, regardless of the rodeo, because it's always a time that the whole family is all together. I love being with the whole family. Those times are some of my most favorite.

Last year at the Stampin' Up! Convention, everyone attending received the "Wanted" stamp set for free. I'm not a huge western fan, but we sure made some cute stuff with the stamp set at Convention. Not surprisingly, I've only used the stamp set once since last summer to make a not-so-western birthday card:



...so I decided that in honor of the rodeo, I'd pull out that dusty stamp set and make a western greeting card:



I CASE'd/was inspired by a card I found on SUDSOL originally created by Gretchen Barron. She did not use the "Wanted" stamp and instead used the horse stamp from that set. I'm not a huge fan of the horse, and I really like the "Wanted" stamp. After completing the card, I realized that I would probably look a little better if I stamped something in the bottom right corner...but what do you stamp after "Wanted" ?? "Wanted...Thank You?" "Wanted...Happy Birthday Hugs & Wishes?" "Wanted...Happiness?" Hmmm...I guess I'll leave it with just "Wanted." I'll just send it to my mom :-)

Stamp Set: Wanted
Colors: Not Quite Navy, Old Olive, River Rock (retiring 8/10/08--order soon!), Really Rust, More Mustard, and Close to Cocoa




No comments: