10.27.2008

Halloween Treats!

Happy Halloween! (almost) As usual, something went off in my crazy brain and said, "Make Halloween gifts for all of your employees!" This same little voice seems to always speak when any kind of holiday is on its way...so here's what I made:



These little 3" x 3" cards were inspired again by Kristina. She has such cute stuff on her blog! Here's an up close look at one of the cards:



I did use the retired Halloween DSP from last fall. I have a whole bunch of it left over! The solid colors I used were: Basic Black, Whisper White, Pumpkin Pie, Really Rust, Kiwi Kiss, and Orchid Opulence.

For the glitter band, I simply cut a piece of Whisper White card stock to about 1/2" x 4-1/4". I then ran the card stock through the Versamark ink pad, leaving about an inch at one end for me to hold onto without getting my fingers icky. Since I only actually needed 3" of glitter, I only inked up a little over 3" of the strip. After completely covering the card stock with Versamark, I covered the strip in Heat & Stick powder. Using the heat tool, I melted the powder. I then sprinkled purple glitter on the sticky part and re-heated the strip to set the glitter. I cut the strip to be 1/2" x 3" and adhered it to my card! Yay for glitter!



What would Halloween be without a little candy (even for fitness center employees!)? Using my Word Window Punch, I made a slot on each side of the card to hold a mini Hershey's bar. To make sure my slots lined up, I carefully measured where the slots should be on a scrap piece of 3" x 3" card stock. After punching those slots, I used that scrap paper as a guide. It only took me a few minutes to punch all 25 cards!

Thanks for looking!

Stamp Set: Batty for You
Colors: Basic Black, Whisper White, Pumpkin Pie, Really Rust, Kiwi Kiss, and Orchid Opulence

Happy Stamping!



No comments: