7.23.2009

A Little Taste of Fall



I just love the new In Colors, Dusty Durango & Soft Suede. These two make a nice fall-ish color combo when combined with Always Artichoke (a color I confess I have never used!). This card was super easy to make, and I love the look of the Texturz plate dry embossing!

  • First I stamped the leaf image from Holiday Blitz on Naturals Ivory card stock three times in Always Artichoke ink and once in Dusty Durango ink. Using a blender pen, I colored in the Dusty Durango leaf with more Dusty Durango ink.
  • Then I stamped the "A Note of Thanks" sentiment from the Thank You Kindly stamp set below the leaves in Soft Suede ink.
  • I inserted a silver brad next to the sentiment and looped a piece of linen thread around the brad. I secured the ends of the thread on the back of the card stock with 2 glue dots.
  • To make the dry embossing from the Texturz plate stand out, I lightly spritzed the Always Artichoke card stock with water before I ran it through the Big Shot. I just love how it turned out!
  • I adhered everything together and tied a piece of Soft Suede Polka-Dot Grosgrain Ribbon around the card. Voila!
I hope you enjoy this little taste of fall in the middle of July!









****************************************************


Stamp Sets: Thank You Kindly (111700--pictured below), Holiday Blitz (114982--pictured below)
Paper: Dusty Durango (115321), Always Artichoke (105119), Naturals Ivory (101849)
Ink: Always Artichoke (105219), Dusty Durango (115654), Soft Suede (115657)
Cool Tools: Blender Pens (102845), Big Shot (113439), Texture Plates Kit #4 Texturz Plates (114531)
The Little Something Extra: Silver Brads (104336), Linen Thread (104199), Soft Suede Polka-Dot Grosgrain Ribbon (115612)



No comments: