7.14.2009

Mojo Monday #95

Yesterday was the kickoff for the new Recruiting Specials going on now through August 31. Click here to learn all about these specials! I'd love to have you join me and the Stampin' Up! family! Email me with questions!

This week's Mojo Monday sketch was a bit of a stretch for me...it required that things be crooked! *gasp*

After I got over the initial shock of crooked pieces on a card, I decided to just go with the challenge :-) Here's the card I made:


To begin with, I wasn't sold on the color combo I had picked out. I've been dying to use the new Bermuda Bay In Color, but I hadn't found a color combo that I could use it with. I decided to just be bold and try pairing it with Old Olive and Chocolate Chip. I used the sentiment to bring it all together, using all three colors. I used my markers to color in each part of the stamp:

The Bermuda Bay piece on the right side of the card may look blank in the earlier picture, but it was actually dry-embossed using my Big Shot Texturz Plates. Here is a closer look:

Although the card was definitely out of my comfort zone (on all levels--color and design!), I ended up really liking the final product. I hope you do too!












Stamp Sets: A Beautiful Thing (110797--pictured below)
Paper: Whisper White (100730), Old Olive (100702), Bermuda Bay (115317), Chocolate Chip (102128), Old Olive Prints Designer Series Paper (112160)
Ink: Old Olive (102277), Bermuda Bay (115655), Chocolate Chip (100908)
Cool Tools: Paper Piercing Tool (116631), Mat Pack (105826), Big Shot (113439), Stampin' Up! Backgrounds I Texturz Plates (114512)
The Little Something Extra: Bermuda Bay Polka-Dot Grosgrain Ribbon (115610), Stampin' Dimensionals (104430)


No comments: