1.06.2010

Out of Shape

You know how when you don't exercise for a while, you get "out of shape" and it's harder than it used to be to perform that exercise? I know that many of you who read my blog know me personally and know that about 8 months ago, I was finishing up my master's degree in Exercise Science & Public Health, and I was an avid group exercise instructor. I was teaching about 7-9 classes per week with no problems whatsoever. It was amazing! I got paid to work out! Unfortunately, I got in the habit of only exercising when I was teaching, so when we moved to Chicago, I wasn't teaching anymore...and therefore I was not exercising anymore. So I decided that I'd join with about 50% of the U.S. population this week in starting a new exercise program for the new year :)

Well, needless to say, 15 minutes into my once normal hour-long workout, I had to quit. I sat down, a little bummed, and decided to stamp instead. Unfortunately, although it has not been quite as long for stamping as it has been for exercising, I was quite "out of shape" for my stamping as well :)

Here's the card I made tonight. It didn't quite turn out like I'd hoped, but at least it's something. This card, like my semi-failed workout, inspired me to really jump back into the things I love and to build myself back up to where I was before!



This card was pretty simple to make. I cut my card stock at 4-1/4" x 11" and scored at 5" and 7-3/4" to make the "Z-fold". The flap tucks right behind the circle and heart and is easy to just pop open and write inside:



The card is pretty simple and self-explanatory, so that's all I'll say about it for now. I hope you're all having a great week!











***********************************************************



Stamp Sets: Happy Heart, A (111758—pictured below), Love You Much (113756—pictured below)
Paper: Bashful Blue (105120), Pretty in Pink (100459), Pumpkin Pie (105117), Melon Mambo (115320), Old Olive (100702)
Ink: Melon Mambo (115656), Bashful Blue (105209), Versamark (102283)
Punches: Heart to Heart (113694)
Cool Tools: Heat Tool (100005), Circle Scissor Plus (112530)
The Little Something Extra: Clear Embossing Powder (109130), Mini Library Clips (109857), Pretties Kit (109114), 5/8” Grosgrain Ribbon Old Olive (109054)



No comments: