1.08.2010

Valentine's Day Decor

I LOVE decorating my house for the holidays...all the holidays :-) I always like to make at least one new thing for each holiday so I don't end up using the same decorations year after year. When we moved to Chicago, we got a great deal on a 2-bedroom, 2-bathroom apartment, so now I have even more rooms to decorate! I especially like to put one or two small holiday-themed items in the guest bathroom. Today I decided to decorate this lovely red candle I had sitting around my apartment:



I simply wrapped a piece of white organza ribbon around the candle and attached it with a piece of tape on the back. I stamped in Versamark ink on Real Red card stock the heart image and embossed it with clear embossing powder. I cut the heart out by hand. I stamped the "happy valentine's day" sentiment with Real Red ink and punched it out with the modern label punch (one of my new favorites!). You can't really tell in the picture, but I inked the edges of the punch with Real Red ink as well as some champagne shimmer paint (yes!). It looks really nice in real life!



I clipped the sentiment to the heart with a mini library clip and tied a small piece of white taffeta ribbon around the clip. The project was so quick and simple and really looks nice next to the sink.

I set the candle on a white candle plate and scattered some clear crystal "ice" around the candle. So, a little side story about the "ice". When Ben & I got married a few years ago, I decided that I really liked this crystal "ice" and wanted to use it for all of my centerpieces...on all 50 tables. So, after using about a thousand Micheal's, JoAnn's, and Hobby Lobby coupons and completely depleting the stock of all the stores in Topeka, Lawrence, Kansas City, Manhattan, and Wichita, we ended up with enough for all our tables. Thankfully, we kept all of it, so now I have a lovely (abundant) stash of the stuff for all of my decorating needs :)










*********************************************************************



Stamp Sets: Happy Heart, A (111758—pictured below)
Paper: Real Red (102482), Whisper White (100730)
Ink: Real Red (103133), Versamark (102283)
Punches: Modern Label (116630)
Cool Tools: Heat Tool (100005)
The Little Something Extra: Clear Embossing Powder (109130), Mini Library Clips (109857), Organza Ribbon (114319), Whisper White Taffeta Ribbon (109070)

1 comment:

Cori Power said...

Good memories-ahhh, good memories!
:)