7.23.2011

I'm Back!

I can't believe it's been almost a year since I posted here! So much has happened! Yes, I'm still a Stampin' Up! Demonstrator...and yes, I still stamp and scrapbook :) But I also have a new baby, an almost-attorney husband, and a new brother-in-law!





Charlotte Irene was born on June 13. She weighed 7 pounds, 12 ounces and was 20-1/2" long. She is almost 6 weeks old now! I can't believe how fast time flies. I will likely be posting pictures of her here occasionally, but I plan to keep my blog focused on paper crafting. I've been doing some digital scrapbooking with some of her pictures, so I'm sure you'll see plenty of pictures of her that way as well.



My little sister Danielle became a Mrs. on June 25. Her husband David is in the Army, and they promptly moved to Virgina after their wedding. I helped design and make all of the invitations, programs, menus, place cards, etc. for their wedding. Although we didn't use all Stampin' Up! materials, I'm still planning to post those designs in the next few days. Danielle is always full of great ideas for projects, and I just tried to make her ideas come to life :)

Ben just finished his 2nd year in Law School, and he's working at a firm this summer. He has 2 more weeks of work, then 1 more year of school. We don't know yet what the future holds for us after he graduates, but I'll be sure to keep you up to date (in case you care...).

...in other words, we've had a busy summer :)

So, on to a little stamping! Stampin' Up! just came out with their new 2011-2012 Idea Book and Catalog. There are 5 new BEAUTIFUL In-Colors and tons of new stamp sets, accessories, and digital scrapbooking downloads. I'm so excited about the new catalog, and I'm looking forward to getting back into the stamping scene and sharing with all of you!

This card showcases all 5 new In-Colors. I love the fresh fun colors that Stampin' Up! always chooses for their In-Colors. This year's colors are especially bright and fun.



This card was super simple. I copied the design from a sample in Stampin' Success, a publication specifically for Stampin' Up! demonstrators. Also, I got a sewing machine for Christmas and hadn't opened it yet! I wanted to try it out on this card, and I really like the way it turned out. Don't worry, mom, I plan to use the sewing machine on clothes too :)

That's all I have for today. I have several other scrapbook pages and cards to post here in the coming week...it's just a matter of getting little Charlotte to sleep long enough so I can type a blog post.

I've missed you all! Happy Stamping!
Cari


****************************************************************



Stamp Sets: Happy Together (retired), Thank You Kindly (111700)
Paper & Ink: Island Indigo, Pool Party, Calypso Coral, Wisteria Wonder, Lucky Limeade, Crumb Cake, Whisper White
The Little Something Extra: Concord Crush Stitched Poly Ribbon, sewing machine

1 comment:

Terry Molineux said...

Cari Welcome back and congratulations on your bundle of joy she is gorgeous..enjoy it goes fast!!!