8.05.2011

Embossing Technique

My husband's brother-in-law had a birthday a few weeks ago. I wanted to make him a birthday card...but you know how making cards for guys usually goes... Thankfully, I really liked the card I had made for my dad's birthday, so I decided to go with the same color combination and the same stamp set. I had seen this technique and layout over on Andrea Walford's blog a few weeks ago, so I decided to use the same idea for this card.



I stamped the circle image in Versamark, then embossed with clear embossing powder. I then took a sponge, rubbed it on the classic ink pad, then rubbed the ink over the embossed image. This technique allows me to color the "negative" part of the image. I think the effect is really cool! Again, the "Happy Birthday" stamp is from a retired stamp set (sorry again!)--the same hostess set that I used for my dad's birthday card and my sister's anniversary card. I guess I should have done some more stamping last year since I really like this set!

Happy Stamping!
Cari

****************************************************************



Stamp Sets: Circle Circus, Something to Celebrate (retired)
Paper & Ink: Very Vanilla, Island Indigo, Cherry Cobbler, River Rock, Basic Black
The Little Something Extra: Clear Embossing Powder, Heat Gun, Sponges, Silver Brads

No comments: